Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cupcakes in a Jar

Usually when I make cupcakes I like to use paper liners and 
only make 18 per box because bigger cupcakes are better, right?

But for the mason jars, I skip the liners 
(then I don't have to take them off and there 
are no ridges showing in the jars) 
and I spray the cupcake pans with Pam.

I also make 24 cupcakes which work perfectly for the dozen jars 
that I am using, as well as the size that fits best inside.

While the cupcakes were baking I made the frosting.

Here is the C&H 5 minute buttercream recipe I use:

1 box powdered sugar
1 stick salted butter at room temp.
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Combine and beat until creamy.

Now you have no excuse to by frosting at the store again!



When the cupcakes have cooled, place one with the bottom side down, into each jar.

I have found it easiest to put the frosting in a ziploc bag, 
snip a hole and pipe it into the jars.

Put another cupcake on top of the first layer of frosting,
add even more frosting,
screw on the lid.




0 comments: